It’s the holy grail for home owners who have invested in solar panels – a home battery storage
system that turns your home’s solar panels into an all day resource!
The Tesla Powerwall is a wall-mounted battery system for residential or light commercial use. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack charges using electricity generated from solar panels, or when utility rates are low, and powers your home in the evening. Automated, compact and simple to install, Powerwall enables you to maximise self-consumption of solar power generation.
Powerwall achieves unprecedented levels of safety in home energy storage. It is a factory assembled, fully certified unit that contains no user-serviceable parts.
Solar electricity at night
- Powerwall stores electricity generated by solar panels during the day and makes it available to your home in the evening.
- This bridges the gap between peak solar and peak demand, allowing you to use your photons when you need them.
Go net zero
- Combine solar panels and one or more Powerwall home batteries to power your home independently from the utility grid.
- A net zero energy rating means that your home produces as much energy as it consumes, but is still connected to the utility grid for periods of high demand.
- In the event of a utility outage, Powerwall can power your entire home or select appliances with an uninterrupted supply of electricity.
- When installed along with solar panels, Powerwall will allow your home to use solar generated electricity during a utility outage.
- Current generation home batteries are bulky, expensive to install and expensive to maintain. In contrast, Powerwall’s lithium ion battery inherits Tesla’s proven automotive battery technology to power your home safely and economically. Completely automated, it installs easily and requires no maintenance.
How it Works
- A typical Powerwall system includes solar panels, an inverter for converting electricity between direct current and alternating current, a meter for measuring battery charge, and in backup applications, a secondary circuit that powers key appliances. Which components are required depends on how you use your home battery.
Put your energy worries to rest! More energy independence for longer.
LG Chem’s RESU 6.4 EX with 144Wh/l brings storage solutions to the United Kingdom at an affordable price and a top class quality.
LG Chem, the world’s leading developer and manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries, brings you a battery energy storage system like no other.
The product at a glance
- 6,4 kWh Energy content
- Compatible to variety of inverters (most common operation: with 90%DoD)
- 60 kg weight
- Integrated handles for transport
- 10 years warranty (60% of initial energy after 10 years)
- 6000 cycles for 90%DoD or 10.000 for 80% DoD
- Extension of the system by connecting up to 2 Modules (3,2 kWh each)
- Extension can be made also after several years
- LED displaying the status of the battery
- Easy Installation
- Quick Installation
- Safe and robust Li-Ion Chemistry (Nickel-Mangan-Cobalt = NMC)
Compact Size & Light Weight
The increase in power density, from 36Wh/l to 144Wh/l, enabled an ultra-compact, ultra-lightweight battery to be designed. The compact size makes the RESU 6.4 EX easy to handle.
The RESU 6.4.EX allows for expansion with two 3.2kWh modules so you can have a 6.4kWh or 9.6kWh or even 12.8kWh system. With such flexibility it is a great solution for households of many sizes.
The RESU 6.4 EX can be installed indoors and the unit can be mounted on sturdy walls easily.
Once installed, the RESU 6.4 EX does not require operation from the homeowner. The battery management system (BMS) automatically monitors all functions within the unit. The BMS takes care of optimal charge and discharge processes while you sit back and reap the financial benefits.
LG Chem stands by the quality of the RESU 6.4 EX with a 10-year warranty (conditions apply).
SUNNY BOY 3600 / 5000 SMART ENERGY
Easy to Use
- Installed like a PV inverter
- All-in-one enclosure
- No battery sizing required
- Optimal, effective year-round battery capacity of 2 kWh
- Maximised self-consumption through efficient charge and load management
- VDE-certified lithium-ion battery and invertor
- Battery partner LG Chem is the global leader
- Integrated Webconnect function communicates with Sunny Portal via Ethernet
- Multifunction relay for easy load management
- Easily and flexibly combined with SMA Smart Home components
The perfect combination of PV inverter and battery
It comes with everything. The new Sunny Boy Smart Energy forms part of the SMA Integrated Storage Solution and is currently the easiest solution for typical household PV applications. This combination of a modern PV inverter and a battery with an effective capacity of 2 kWh not only optimises increased self-consumption but also makes easy use of home-generated solar power possible virtually around the clock.
The Sunny Boy Smart Energy is the first wall-mountable, series-produced PV inverter to feature an intergrated lithium-ion battery, making it perfect for use in the SMA Smart Home. Additionally, the integrated Webconnect function provides worldwide access to consumption and yield data via Sunny Portal.